As a pet owner, we all know how difficult it is to get our beloved pooches to brush their teeth. Those toothbrushes made for our pups and “toothpaste” that are specifically made to encourage our dogs to shine their pearly whites rarely work.
Of course, there are more natural ways to help clean our dog’s teeth. Some use products that dogs chew on to get their puppies to clean their teeth on their own. Some use plain
And then there are those products that are truly genius and helps us dog owners keep our puppies’ dental hygiene in check, minus the hard work and the trickery. With dog dental additives, you do not have to coax your dog into brushing their teeth or tricking them into eating fruits and veggies. You simply add it to their water.
We will take a look at why dental care is important for dogs, what makes a good dental additive, and give you our recommendation for the best dog dental additive to get your pup’s dental health back on track.
Why Dog Dental Care Is Important
Dogs might not be as self-aware and self-conscious as humans, but they still need to have good hygiene. It is important that we, as pet owners, see to it that they receive the best dental care.
In most cases, dogs experience periodontal disease before they even reach 3 years of age. This disease is truly progressive and it causes early tooth loss for dogs. What causes periodontal disease? It starts when bacteria combine with food particles to form plaque on the teeth.
Within just a few days, the bacteria will work their way under the gums and cause more problems like gingivitis, which causes inflammation on your dog’s gums. Once the bacteria is under your dog’s gums, things get worse as they destroy the supporting tissue and cause the tooth to fall off.
The worst thing about this disease is it can lead to other more serious health problems such as heart, liver, and/or kidney infection. This is one of the main reasons why it is important to give your dog the best dental care possible.
What Makes A Good Dog Dental Additive
Fortunately for those who are on a budget, there is no need to go to the vet or a “doggy dentist” to get your fur babies a dental checkup all the time. There are more affordable solutions that don’t require as much time, money, and effort.
This is where a good dog dental additive comes in. It works similar to any dental additive products, you simply add it to your dog’s water and let it do its magic.
A good dog dental additive is one that that kills bacteria, removes bad breath, prevents plaque buildup, and yet still doesn’t break the bank. You can always ask your veterinarian for dog dental additive recommendations. Here are ours:
The Best Dog Dental Water Additives
Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover for Dogs
Prevent plaque buildup and say goodbye to bad doggy breaths with the Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover for Dogs. This dog dental additive is recommended by veterinarians to help keep your dog’s breath fresh and reduce tartar buildup.
- Ingredients: If you are worried about its contents, you should know that the ingredients used in this liquid tartar remover are safe for your dogs. It’s made with Vitamin C, sodium, and Hexametaphosphate or SHMP. This is an ingredient that has been clinically proven to discourage the formation of dental plaque and periodontal disease in dogs.
- Usage: This dog dental additive is incredibly easy to use. Simply add 1 tablespoon of the Liquid Tartar Remover to 32 oz. of water and let your dog enjoy.
- Affordability: Considering its incredible teeth cleaning powers, you do not have to pay too much for this Nylabone product. It is one of the most affordable oral care products for dogs available today.
The end result is a happier, healthier pet with an award-winning flashy grin. You eliminated the hard work of chasing your dog around for toothbrush time, and saved a lot of money too!
Dental Fresh Water Additive – Advanced Plaque and Tartar Formula for Dogs
This Dental Fresh Water Additive Advanced Plaque and Tartar Formula for Dogs is basically a toothbrush in a bottle. It can be used for both dogs and cats. Not only does it help remove plaque and tartar, but it is also clinically proven to reduce and prevent advanced dental health issues for pets. It helps reach those hard-to-reach areas in your dog’s mouth and give it an intense cleanup.
Halitosis, discolored teeth, swollen gums, those are only a few of the dental health problems this formula can help you with. It also prevents gingivitis and improves your dog’s overall dental health.
- Ingredients: This Dental Fresh Water Additive is perfect for everyday use thanks to its safe ingredients. It doesn’t contain alcohol, sugar, detergents, surfactants, and pungent mint flavors or any artificial flavorings. It’s plain and simple, no gimmicks and tricks, just pure teeth cleaner for your dog. It contains chlorine dioxide as its active ingredient which helps eliminate plaque-causing bacteria.
- Usage: Simply add 1 teaspoon of this formula to 8 ounces of your dog’s drinking water on a daily basis. Not only does it freshen your dog’s breath instantly, but it also helps make their teeth and gums healthier.
- Affordability: With its premium ingredients, the price of buying one bottle of SynergyLab’s Dental Health Water Additive is absolutely affordable for most doggy parents.
If you are looking for a groundbreaking, safe, affordable, and clinically-proven dog dental additive, this one is at the top of the list.
TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care Water Additive Plus Skin & Coat
The TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care Water Additive will make your dog’s “no toothbrush” dream come true! The best part is, this product serves a dual and even triple purpose. You can use it for your dog’s dental health, and improve the health of their skin and coat too.
Daily oral hygiene is essential to our dogs and to us, too. After all, we are on the receiving end of those licks and kisses.
- Ingredients: This water additive contains essential nutrients such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 which help promote healthy oral hygiene, and healthy skin and coat. Not only does it help keep your dog’s breath fresh, but it also helps keep their skin in good health and their coat shiny.
- Usage: It is incredibly easy to use, simply add a few drops of this product to your dog’s drinking water every day. You can see results in as early as 14 days. It also provides up to 12 hours of fresh breath.
- Affordability: Since this product is made mostly out of organic ingredients, and contains essential nutrients that are not only for oral hygiene, we think the slightly hefty price tag is worth it.
These products are only some of the dog dental water additives you can find. Remember, you can always ask your veterinarian for their opinion on dental additives. However, if you are looking for a quick and effective way to eliminate your dog’s bad breath and plaque buildup, we highly recommend any of these great products.
P.S. Know someone else with a dog that needs dental water additives? Please share or pin this article! Thanks! 🙂