When it comes to buying tools and supplies for our four-legged friends, it’s not only important to spend our money on companies that promise to be effective in grooming them or keeping them healthy.
It’s also necessary that we support brands that do their part in making our Earth a better place to live.
If only our dogs could talk, they would surely be environmental activists for the greater good! Be a voice for them by buying from these five eco-conscious dog companies!
1. Planet Dog
Planet Dog offers high-quality, non-toxic, and recyclable products as a way of doing good deeds for pets, people, and our mother Earth! Aside from their very popular dog toys and gear, they also have established the Planet Dog Foundation.
Their foundation aims to promote programs presenting how dogs support and serve humans the same way we do for them. Their motto, “making the planet a better place, one pet at a time,” combines thinking globally with acting doggedly, making you feel good about your pet’s planet!
Although the brand is more focused on manufacturing toys for dogs, each item is unique on its own and will be loved by your furry friend! Here are some of our favorites:
- Their Orbee Ball and Rope Tug Toy is great not only for chewing, but also for fetching, and tugging. The earth-designed ball will remind you of how sustainably this product is made and your pooch will love it.
- Planet Dog’s Orbee Tuff Bone is 100% guaranteed non-toxic and FDA-approved. This floating and bouncy toy comes in three colors you can choose from as well as having a natural mint oil infusion.
- The brand also offers an interactive Dog Puzzle Toy which is available in different designs, like the peace sign, happy face, paw print, and many more! It’s a treat dispenser that is also infused with natural mint oil and is free from BPA and phthalate.
Check out more of their cool dog stuff here!
2. West Paw
West Paw creates sustainable dog products such as beds and toys in the Montana mountains. From their packaging to the materials, everything is super safe for your dog and the planet. They even print on recyclable paper for their product labels!
They are a B-Corp, meaning a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment that is why everything they sell is recyclable.
For instance, if your dog breaks one of his toys, it can be returned to their company and they will turn it into a new ball or frisbee.
Watch this video to learn more about their Zogoflex toys.
West Paw has one of the biggest varieties of products among other dog brands. Here are their top products:
- The Zogoflex Qwizl Interactive Dog Puzzle is a mentally stimulating puzzle toy that keeps them occupied throughout the day. The treat dispenser also claims to extend the life of treats and is completely safe and durable.
- Their organic Sky Dog Blanket is made of faux suede on one side and a silky soft fabric on the other. Both parts are equally comfortable for your dog and they are very helpful in protecting your furniture from pet hair.
- One of their best products is the Zogoflex Air Dash Frisbee which is “nearly indestructible” despite the soft material it is made of. This high-flying, the aerodynamic disc comes in three bright colors for you to choose from, all of which are easy to track and pick up.
See some of their other products here!
Dog collars and leashes are usually made of nylon and other low-quality plastics, but Cranbery, a brand located in Ireland, creates these items out of hemp, a sustainable alternative.
All of their leashes, collars, and climbing rope leashes are hand-dyed and dried with sunlight or a wood burner. Even their office employs sustainable practices by using solar energy for electricity. All their products also use recycled craft papers for their labels.
- Their hemp leads and collars come in 6 beautiful colors that make them look so stylish and classy when worn by your dog. They are 100% safe for your dog and not irritating on their skin.
- If you wish to use a harness for your dog, then their No Pull Dog Harness is our top pick! It’s made of polyester and air mesh fabric with safety locks and two attachment points.
4. Pet Naturals
Known for their pet nutritional supplements, Pet Naturals believes that each dog has its own diet needs which they can cater to with a variety of products that promise better health.
Whether it’s for gut health, behavioral issues, bladder support, or joint problems, they have all the necessary supplements made from natural sources that can be more beneficial in improving the health and wellness of your pup.
Unlike many vitamins that contain too many chemicals that harm our pets and the environment, Natural Pets ensures that they provide a more natural and sustainable approach in their supplements.
- Their Daily Multivitamin Formula for Dogs is free from corn and other artificial ingredients that can upset your dog’s digestive tract. Each bite-sized chew has 28 nutrients that help keep dogs of all ages strong and active.
- They also offer a bottle of 160 bite-sized chews for Calming and Behavioral Support Supplement. It can be taken not only by your canine friend but also by your feline fella who is always stressed and anxious!
- Your dog will also enjoy the taste of their Superfood Treats which are available in three flavors, crispy bacon, homestyle chicken, and peanut butter! This product is packed with fruits, veggies, oats, and other organic ingredients for maximum health.
Check out their other great stuff here!
This Californian company only uses the safest and finest ingredients from nature as a way of showing their concern for the environment. This humble brand puts purity and efficacy before profit!
Aside from having a comprehensive line of wipes, shampoos spritzes, and other grooming products, Earthbath also participates in various environment-related causes by supporting non-profit organizations through volunteering, donating, and supporting financially.
- Their Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner Bundle is soap-free and targeted for dogs with dry and itchy skin. The shampoo helps heal irritated skin while the conditioner does a great job in detangling fur and making it shiny and fresh.
- Their Deodorizing Spritz is also available in a milder formulation for puppies to enjoy. The wild cherry-scented item keeps their skin fresh and moisturized without the need to take a bath more frequently.
- Earthbath’s Speciality Ear Wipes are great for cleaning your dog’s ears and removing the odor instead of using Q-Tips. The product is biodegradable, cruelty-free, and made of all-natural ingredients.
Check out their other products here!
Be a Dog Lover and a Tree Hugger!
Having a dog is not the most sustainable thing you can do, but there are always better solutions to reduce their paw print! The least we can do is show support for companies that manufacture eco-friendly dog products.
It won’t hurt to ditch the plastic toys and commercial food and finally go for ones made and packaged with recycled, organic, or earth-friendly materials and ingredients!