Are you looking for an animal organization outside the USA you can help?
Animal Aid Unlimited is an organization in India that rescues, trains, treats, and provides shelter to different animals, including dogs, cats, goats, and cows.
Learn more about this incredible organization, what they do, and how you can help them help animals in need.
Who is Animal Aid Unlimited?
Animal Aid Unlimited is an India-based organization that aims for three actions: rescue, heal, and inspire. It rescues street animals that are sick and injured in Udaipur, India.
All animals deserve compassion and care, whether it’s a fish, cow, dog, or chicken.
Their desire to rescue is motivated by the use and abuse of animals caused by overconsumption. Overconsumption contributes to the worsening of climate change, which also affects animals.
The solution promised by Animal Aid Unlimited is to rescue every living creature suffering on the streets because of human activity.
This organization also raises awareness about the need to protect all animals. Members are always inspired to share the stories of every animal recovered through Animal Aid Unlimited’s help.
Animal Aid Unlimited has employees and volunteers from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds.
Aside from rescuing animals, Animal Aid also offers hospital and medical care, spay and neutering, children outreach, cruelty response, and training programs.
How Animal Aid Unlimited Started
Animal Aid Unlimited was founded in 2002 by a dedicated family, Erika, Jim, and their daughter, Claire. But their passion started in 1994 when they traveled from the USA to India.
The family enjoyed the country, so they moved to the small village of Udaipur in 1999. They also noticed the poor condition of the street animals and wanted to do something to help them.
There were no organizations or charities dedicated to rescuing street animals in Udaipur. With the family’s limited experience with shelters, they contacted animal organizations worldwide to learn more.
After the establishment of Animal Aid Unlimited, word started spreading. They rescued a few animals every week and it wasn’t long until they were getting 100 calls daily.
The family hired a veterinarian in 2002, so they could roam around the village and provide necessary animal care.
Later on they rented a small piece of land to expand their volunteer activities. This space is now home to many rescued animals undergoing recovery and healing.
What Do Animal Aid Unlimited Do?
Animal Aid Unlimited has seven strategies for saving animals in their village:
- spay and neuter
- outreach and education
- training programs
- hospital and medical care
- cruelty response.
The organization created a helpline number in Udaipur city, which connects them with people who witness animals that need rescue.
This charity also has veterinarians that help treat dogs, cows, chickens, and other animals for road accident injuries, skin diseases, wounds, and more. Vaccinations against distemper, rabies, and parvo are also provided.
Spay and neuter services are also available at Animal Aid Unlimited. They fix these animals before returning them to their neighborhoods to reduce further cruelty.
These procedures also help improve the neighborhood’s welfare, which is especially important with the overpopulation that the city experiences.
But if the animal doesn’t have an owner, it can find a home in the organization’s sanctuary. There are hundreds of animals living in the refuge receiving all the love and care they need.
There’s a space for every animal. In one part, you’ll see dogs, and in another, you’ll find calves and goats.
Watch how they change the lives of animals in need:
See some more of their stories here.
How Can You Help Animal Aid Unlimited?
- The quickest way to help Animal Aid Unlimited is by donating online. Donors from India can help through UPI, Net Banking, PayTM, Net Banking, or cheque. You can donate with a bank transfer, check, or PayPal if you live outside India.
- You can also sponsor one of the animals to ensure they get the care and support they need. You will get a certificate and photo of your special new friend.
- If you find yourself in Udaipur, or want to plan a rewarding trip to India, you can volunteer at the sanctuary and spend time cuddling and socializing with the animals.
- If you live in India you can adopt an animal and give them a loving permanent home.
- Animal Aid Unlimited also has a wishlist of items they need which are not readily available in India. You can directly purchase these on Amazon or any other store and have them shipped directly to them.
- You can also memorialize your lost pet by donating in their name and helping to save another animal’s life.
- Help in the future by creating a legacy in your will, or support now by buying from their shop.
- Follow and share their stories on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to help raise awareness for their cause.
Help Animal Aid Unlimited Save Lives
If you have a soft spot for street animals, neglected pets, and injured creatures, Animal Aid Unlimited will restore your faith in humanity.
This amazing organization is dedicated to rescuing, providing medical care, home, and training these special animals in their town.
If you want to help Animal Aid Unlimited in the small city of Udaipur, India, you can donate online. Every animal in town will indeed thank you.
Find other special organizations to help in our Animal Charity Spotlight series and help them make a difference.